September School is the place to be in the summer! September School is open to all students in the community through our summer school program! Our small classes are perfect for those looking to connect and meaningfully engage with their teachers and wider community. Classes are dynamic and responsive to student needs while helping them
Our credits are transferable to area public and private schools, please talk to your school’s counselor to verify that our classes meet your credit needs. Classes can earn students up to a semester’s worth of credit.
Classes are $500 each, with a $100 non-refundable deposit due when registration forms are turned in.
Our classes max out at 12. Sign up now while space is available! Please call the school at 303-443-9933 with any questions!
Morning Session (9 am-12 pm)
- Precalculus Lab
- Instructor: Suzanne Hillier, prerequisite: Algebra II
- Students will work with the instructor through algebraic and trigonometric lessons typical of Precalculus courses. This course is a condensed version of what is normally covered in a Precalculus class, and successful completion will prepare students for Calculus in the fall.
- Writing For All Occasions
- Instructor: Art Atkison
- As the title suggests, students will learn how to write for various tasks and needs, from formal writing to creative endeavors. Students can work on college essays, poetry, prose, correspondence, and writing for English and other classwork. All grades and skill levels are welcome. Students should bring a laptop/Chromebook to connect to Google Docs.
Afternoon Session (1 pm-4 pm)
- New Media Explorations
- Instructor: Ayinde Chong
- You are already an artist. Regardless of past experience, this class will support you in expressing your unique perspective while teaching you new skills. You will be introduced to media literacy while learning to hone your creative voice. You will think about the role your chosen medium plays in the communication of your ideas through your artwork. By exploring your individual creative process of producing works from concept to final output in full, you will determine the ideal medium for your class capstone project.